I have been tagged by ElShaddai Edwards of He is Sufficient fame, er… blog, with the latest Bible meme.
So what’s a meme? Here’s what I found at The Daily Meme:
In the context of web logs / ‘blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it’s some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on. I generally consider these to be actual questions and not some multiple choice quizzes that determine some result at the end (what color you are most like, what cartoon character are you, what 80s movie are you).
OK, you got that?
So here’s the Bible meme they tagged me with, and my answers:
- What translation of the Bible do you like best? Holman CSB (and it’s not a Baptist Bible!)
- Old or New Testament? New Testament, except when I’m reading the Old.
- Favorite Book of the Bible? I have to say the Gospel of John. I led a class on it for over three years. What a study in the Trinity!
- Favorite Chapter? John 3
- Favorite Verse? (one verse???) Romans 6:23
- Bible character you think you’re most like? Nicodemus, the Pharisee
- One thing from the Bible that confuses you? Who were the Nephilim?
- Moses or Paul? Paul, Apostle to the Gentiles
- A teaching from the Bible that you struggle with or don’t get? God’s sovereignty vs. our free will
- Coolest name in the Bible? Melchizedek
And now I’m supposed to tag somebody…5 somebodies!
Tag, you’re it!